Okay, this is just a Proud Mom blog so I fore warn you...I saw 4 Missionaries at KFC today and could not keep my composure.(We have the Sisters' in our Ward) I'm a Missionary Mom! I was choking down my biscuit and could not stop the tears. I thought of my Wonderful Son, my first child, and what he is doing in his life right now. I remember when my Sister, Kerri's Son Heath, was serving. I was excited to hear about every moment but I didn't gush like she did. Now I know what a gushing M.M. feels like. It is something deep down inside, you really have to live it, and someday I hope you get to. It is an awesome feeling mixed with strong Motherly feelings. You miss them so much but have to be strong. You have to let them stretch their wings but still want to protect them. Then you hear about their wonderful accomplishments and can't be right there to share with them like you have everything else in their lives. You have so much pride in them but have to be humble because people get tired of hearing about you gushing or BLOGGING. I sat there until I got my composure together and then had to talk to them. Bart asked "Are you really going to go up to them?" I said "Hey, I'm a Mom of one of those and I have a right to impose!!" I walked right up to one of those boys and said "Whereyoufromdoyoulikeyourmissionisittoohotforyouhow'syourcompanionareyouokaydoyouneedahug?" I couldn't get the words out fast enough. It was like personally checking up on my Son. Bart asked me if I would ever want to just drive to N.C. to just stand back and watch Landon for a minute and then come home with out him knowing we were there. I said "Heck yeah!" Anyways,I could tell the Elder thought I was going to hug him because he kept his distance, you know I bet it's in the Missionary hand book to stay 10 paces away from any M.M., they could cause bodily harm and squeeze you 'til you have broken ribs. I walked out of KFC feeling like I just saw my Son for just a moment. Hum, I'm just wondering if this is how Lucy Smith felt about her first missionary, Samuel???
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
That's 'er Boy'eh!!
Okay, this is just a Proud Mom blog so I fore warn you...I saw 4 Missionaries at KFC today and could not keep my composure.(We have the Sisters' in our Ward) I'm a Missionary Mom! I was choking down my biscuit and could not stop the tears. I thought of my Wonderful Son, my first child, and what he is doing in his life right now. I remember when my Sister, Kerri's Son Heath, was serving. I was excited to hear about every moment but I didn't gush like she did. Now I know what a gushing M.M. feels like. It is something deep down inside, you really have to live it, and someday I hope you get to. It is an awesome feeling mixed with strong Motherly feelings. You miss them so much but have to be strong. You have to let them stretch their wings but still want to protect them. Then you hear about their wonderful accomplishments and can't be right there to share with them like you have everything else in their lives. You have so much pride in them but have to be humble because people get tired of hearing about you gushing or BLOGGING. I sat there until I got my composure together and then had to talk to them. Bart asked "Are you really going to go up to them?" I said "Hey, I'm a Mom of one of those and I have a right to impose!!" I walked right up to one of those boys and said "Whereyoufromdoyoulikeyourmissionisittoohotforyouhow'syourcompanionareyouokaydoyouneedahug?" I couldn't get the words out fast enough. It was like personally checking up on my Son. Bart asked me if I would ever want to just drive to N.C. to just stand back and watch Landon for a minute and then come home with out him knowing we were there. I said "Heck yeah!" Anyways,I could tell the Elder thought I was going to hug him because he kept his distance, you know I bet it's in the Missionary hand book to stay 10 paces away from any M.M., they could cause bodily harm and squeeze you 'til you have broken ribs. I walked out of KFC feeling like I just saw my Son for just a moment. Hum, I'm just wondering if this is how Lucy Smith felt about her first missionary, Samuel???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I understand completely. When Nyoka was on her mission, I couldn't stand not knowing what she was doing every minute. It may have helped that we only had elders around us and not sisters. Sometimes I miss being a missionary mom because you can be just a little nuts sometimes and people understand. Love ya.
Great! Grr.... You just gave me something to look forward too! In about 6 years....sigh!
Post a Comment