Sunday, December 28, 2008

Springerville Ward Christmas Party

Well my new Church calling is Activities Chairman and it came shortly before Christmas. Needless to say I was very busy planning and buying. We did "Christmas Morning". It was a lot of fun. We served breakfast for dinner. It was YUMMY! I didn't realize how many people are like us and eat breakfast for dinner. We wore our jammy's and slippers. We had a nice program with the Show Choir singing. Macie and Kylee Wilkins sang 'Silent Night' for the closing song. They sounded beautiful. The Bishop asked if the girl's would sing for our Christmas Sacrament meeting. They did and it really added to the Christmas spirit.
Bart and Steph helped me with the decorating. It looked really cute. We did goody bags for the kids and had Santa come. It was great! Springerville ward is such a good ward, they really helped me out a lot. I asked Wendy and Troy Burk if they would help with the cooking. I didn't even have to worry about a thing. They all did such a wonderful job.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I am on the Activities Committee too. Love the idea of Christmas Morning, that is the second time I have heard that this December. Maybe we will do it next year. How did you decorate? I am always open to new ideas. We decorated ours cute, but it was a lot of work.