My friend Michelle and I were talking about making Sugar Cookies once. She said "I've got the best recipe, they turn out so soft and crisp." I told her that I had also found a good recipe in an old Relief Society Cook Book . I said "They don't turn out tasting like biscuits." We compared recipes and it turns out it's the same one. She got hers from a town she once lived in and I looked at the Sister that added the recipe, she lived in that same small town. Funny how the R.S. sisters pass things around. Once we find something good, it's no longer a secret! I thought I'd share this recipe since it's Valentines time and that means good ol' yummy SUGAR COOKIES!
Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 Cup Sifted Powder Sugar
1 Cup Soft Butter
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Almond Flavoring
2 1/2 Cups Sifted Flour
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Cream sugar and butter; add egg and flavoring. Mix thoroughly. Sift dry ingredients together and stir in. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Heat oven to 350. Divide dough in half and roll out on lightly floured surface. Roll thin, but thick enough to pick up. Bake 10-12 minutes. Frost with butter cream frosting.
This makes the best Cookies! Jaxten's face is all the evidence you need.

3 comments:
Thanks. I have been looking for a sugar cookie recipe forever. I am pretty picky about my cookies. I really love those "pink cookies" you get at the grocery store. Soft and fluffy sugar cookies. Yummmmmy
Those cookies look sooooo good! I LOVE a good sugar cookie but can NEVER make em' good. I'll try this recipe out....THANKS!!
So Mandy came and got me to go sit with Jaxten's primary class yesterday, and that boy is soooo stinkin cute! He was completely cracking me up. And thanks so much for your comments during my lesson, we would have had lots of dead silences without you.
Post a Comment