Monday, February 23, 2009

Lost in Love 2~13~1987




Where are these Kids? 22 years of Marriage this month and I still look in the mirror and try to find this girl with curly blond hair. I don't seem to recognize this 21 year old boy with hair. Time has seemed to steal them away into the past. I still get glimpse of them though. They don't look quite as young but the love is still there. It isn't the giddy, starting life anew kind of love. It has been seasoned with peak's and valley's. We have spent more time with each other than we have apart. I think of what Kate on "John and Kate plus 8" says at the beginning of her show..."It hasn't always been an easy life but it's our life." I can't imagine my life with out Bart or our children. Here's to many, many more.


3 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations! And, you are still as beautiful as you were then. What's up with the facial hair? I think that is a cruel joke on us women. Maybe it makes the men want to hang out with us more when we are older...just the good old boys! LOL

Candace said...

Happy Anniversary! :) You guys looked great then and still do! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute pics, Rachel! That first one, where you guys are kissing, is that your HORIZONS dress??!!! Love that dropped waistline. Also, how long did it take you to curl your hair that day? ha ha Do you remember the joke I played on you in sac mtg when you were dating Bart and you asked me a question when the meeting was just about over? If you don't remember, let me know and I'll email it to you!! :-)